Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Painting of the Bollards...

Here at the junction of Farringdon & Stonecutter Street EC4 I found a line of newly planted City of London Corporation bollards some having recently been freshly painted others looking reading to receive the final top coat of black gloss paint.

The bollards in the picture are yet another derivative of the traditional bollard you find in the City of London for these do not have the crest nor a date stamp but carrying the normal livery and style of bollard we tend to find elsewhere. Up until recently ugly concrete blocks lay at this junction so you could argue that this is an improvement however wouldn't it be easier to plant a couple of nice trees rather than these objects.

I often wonder what it must be like to be the person whose paints these bollards for they do an excellent job and it does seem a waste of this rather skill...

3 comments:

  1. John,
    I have some fascinating pictures of Bolllards from around London.
    How do I submit them to you?
    Thanks,
    Jairaj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please forward to john.bollards@gmail.com

    John...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Sara

    http://paintingdrawing.net

    ReplyDelete